Tassie Face Mask Project has developed to meet Australian and World Health Organisation guidelines.
What you will need
- Tight weave polyester/cotton tight weave fabric for the outer layer, ideally fabric with a pretty print, pre-washed
- Tight weave polyester/cotton blend or 100% cotton may be used for the middle layer, pre-washed
- Tight weave 100% cotton, for the inner layer, pre-washed.
- Elastic (beading cord elastic will work, or 3 mm flat elastic for ear loop pattern and 3mm or 6mm elastic for the head elastic or ties)
- Please register as a sewist if you would like to sew and donate masks to our project.
- If you would like to commit to making 10 masks for our project, please fill out a contact form to request a pre-cut kit!
You can download the PDF of each of our current patterns below.
Please see our You Tube Channel for tutorials to get you started.
“Deaconess” 3 layer pleated mask
We have adapted this pattern from the “Deaconess” (Turban Project) pattern that is widely used in the USA.
“No Pleat” Mask
We’ve devised this pattern for those who don’t enjoy sewing pleats or beginner sewers.
Our original pattern
Initially we made a 2 layer mask, please click here for instructions to convert our previous 2 LAYER mask to a 3 LAYER mask.